CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It Was a Dark & Cold & Spooky Morning

Well, it must be true. Winter must be on its way. This morning I got up at 5:00 AM to run my 6-mile hill course out in Downs. It was dark, cold (40 degrees) and windy. I started running shortly after 5:30 and soon spotted a pair of bright yellow eyes staring at me along the roadside. I'm not sure exactly what animal those eyes belonged to - I'm guessing they belonged to a cat, but I will say the eyes were high enough up that it was a large one. I continued running along and heard many noises. I believe most of them were falling hedge apples from the Hawthorne trees. It's funny how your imagination can play with you when running alone in the country in the dark. It still wasn't light when I completed my run and returned to the safety and warmth of my car.

It might be a good time for an update on my upcoming races:

Sunday, Nov. 2nd - Marshall University Marathon (Huntington, West Virginia)

I'll need to practice my football carries for the finish line photo.

"The highlight is to run through Marshall University campus on their way to a goal-line finish in Marshall Football Stadium. Footballs will be available to carry in the final 100 yards if desired!

We have a limited amount of flowers that are handed out as you enter campus (at Old Main on Hal Greer Blvd. and 4th Avenue, just beyond the 25 mile mark). This is a memorial for the plane crash victims from November 14th, 1970 (for which the movie We are Marshall was made). Those taking the flower are asked to put this in a basket 200 yards away at Memorial Fountain."

Sunday, Nov. 9th - Jingle Bell 5K (Bloomington)

Sunday, Nov. 23rd - Gobbler Grind Marathon (Overland Park, Kansas)

Thursday, Nov. 27th - Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot (Bloomington)

Sunday, December 7th - Frostbite Festival 10 Mile (Springfield)

Sat./Sun. Jan. 10 & 11th - Goofy Challenge (1/2 marathon Sat., full marathon Sun.)

Monday, April 20th - Boston Marathon

1 comments:

AJ said...

Wow... So many marathons in so little time... You totally rock the long runs!