CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Walt Disney World Marathon


Half Marathon Results:
Finish time - 2:05
2555 overall out of 12,434 overall participants
866 out of 7181 females
20th out of 365 in age group

Marathon Results:
Finish time - 4:49
5926 overall out of 14,927 overall participants
2107 out of 7134 females
26th out of 193 in age group

4th overall out of Goofy Challenge participants in my age group. Full race report coming later.

The biggest challenges about the back-to-back races?

  • Getting up at 2:15 AM both mornings in order to meet the TNT team to catch the shuttle buses.
  • Tired feet and legs from walking around the Disney theme parks the day before and the day of the races.
  • The blister on my right foot which began on Saturday and progressively worsened on Sunday. I knew it was not a good thing when I could see the blood seeping through the top of my running shoe during the marathon. The top of my right foot (tendons) had been bothering me on both days.

The biggest motivators during the marathon?

  • Running with other Goofy Challenge runners who all helped motivate one another.
  • Passing runners during the marathon who were not doing the Goofy Marathon.
  • Wearing the TNT purple singlet and remembering how lucky I am to be healthy enough to run.

1 comments:

AJ said...

Awesome job Sherry! I wish I were as tough and fast as you! :)