CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 22, 2008

If no one reads it, does it still have an impact?

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there, does it still make a noise? As I was writing a recent posting for my blog, I wondered what the impact might be if no one reads it. Even if no one reads it, I believe it does have an impact. If nothing else, it allows me to contemplate some of the ideas in my head and "publish them" in the written word form.

I have a good friend, and fellow coach, who talks about the importance of "publishing" your ideas, intentions and goals - stating them out loud for others to hear. This increases the level of commitment from the realm of intention to the realm of action. Once I have had the courage to dare to say it out loud, there is an accountability piece that automatically follows. It is about being in integrity with one's self. Am I true to my own word?

What are the ideas or dreams that you haven't dared to publish yet? Doesn't the world deserve to know about them?

Perhaps there is an author in all of us. We all are writing our life story each day by the choices we make, the actions we take, and the words we say out loud. How is your life story coming along? What is it that might have the readers (those around us or even the world) on the edge of their seats, waiting to see what happens next?

So my challenge to any of you might be reading this blog posting - leave a comment and "publish" one of your ideas or dreams. If there are no comments, I'll assume no one was reading and I'll still know there has been an impact.

Signed, Just one tree in the forest (by the way, one of my nicknames is "Tree Girl")

2 comments:

hillrunner said...

Which begs the question, "If I am in the forest and I speak and my wife isn't around to hear me, am I still wrong?" Hey, you wanted comments. I publish what I thought of.

By the way, I read and I enjoy, and I pass this on to others. Very nicely done.

AJ said...

I read your blog regularly and thoroughly enjoy the thoughtprovoking insights. Oh, and I actually do think about the stuff you mention.

So, my idea/dream - Racing at Kona...even if I'm 78 before I finally get there.