CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Deleted Chapters of Your Life



Today I was trying to add a photo to my blog posting on the Naperville Women's Triathlon. Inadvertently while trying to change the layout of the photo, I deleted the entire post. This really bothered me.Then I tried to determine exactly why it bothered me so much.

After all, I had in many ways been trying to delete the Naperville Tri from my memory ever since the race. I wanted to erase the image of the young woman crashing on her bike. I wanted to erase the the unanswered questions that continue to nag at me as to whether she recovered from her injuries. I wanted to erase the wondering about her family - if they were there, or if she had young children.
Now almost a full month after that triathlon, my original impressions and thoughts are gone. That may be fitting since I have my next triathlon this weekend. It is an Olympic distance tri - a .93 mile swim, 40k (24.8 miles) bike, and a 10k (6.2 mile) run. I'd like to improve on my time from last year, even though I am not as well trained. I'm hoping improvements in the swim and cycling technique will make that possible.

It is supposed to be very hot (90 degrees) and I would guess - windy. My second goal, besides improving on my last year's time of 3:17:23, is to finish feeling strong. I actually felt like I finished each discipline of the Naperville Tri feeling fairly good. I've included the photos (hopefully without deleting this post) for you to judge for yourself.

0 comments: