CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Go Out on a Limb - That's Where the Fruit Is!

Those who know me well know that I've always wanted a treehouse. One of my coaching clients, who did not know this fact about me, sent me a card with the following message on it:

"Dream big," she said. "For example, I dream of one day building myself a grand treehouse to live in, and having flowers and chocolate brought up every morning. Anything can happen you know."

I'm not sure what it is exactly that intrigues me so much about a treehouse. Part of it has to do with the climbing up and looking at things from a new perspective. Part of it has to do with escaping conventionalism - perfectly sane people don't live in treehouses do they?

There are two intentions I am putting out into the world as I write this.

1) I want to stay in a treehouse. I happen to know there are "treehouse" hotels that you can stay in. This, of course, will be a precursor to having my very own tree house someday.

Some treehouse hotel options include Waipi'o Treehouse Hotel on the Big Island in Hawaii, the Cedar Creek Treehouse near Mt. Ranier National Park, or the Treehouse Lodge in Thailand's Khao Sok National Park.

2) I want to go on a zip line through the trees. I am somewhat (truth be told - a lot) afraid of heights, especially when my feet are not firmly planted on something while I'm up there. So.... I know that I would be afraid on a high ropes course or about to go down a zip line.

(Did you happen to catch the self-limiting word in the above sentence? I "would" be afraid.... That implies that if I actually did it, but that it is unlikely that I will. Let's change that sentence to read; "I know I will be afraid on a high ropes course or about to go down a zip line". That implies I am going to do it! And I am.)

I can't think of anything more freeing. Possibly these two intentions happen at the same time - staying in the treehouse and having access to a zip line or high ropes course.

So I've gone out on a limb and announced one of my big dreams. What big dream do you have inside of you that others don't know about yet? What wild and crazy idea would you love to live out?

Bringing big dreams into reality requires more than just having the dream. It requires action steps. Do any of you who might be reading this happen to have access to a treehouse? Just in case you don't, I am committing to bring this dream into reality by the end of 2008. Time to start researching viable options...

0 comments: