CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

What did you do for Progression Day?

*First a note - I have not published a post for over 10 days. That is not to say I haven't been writing. I have, in fact, written three blog postings. I've written them in my head - where I do all of my writing before it turns up on paper or a computer screen. The titles of the three postings are:

What did you do for Progression Day? (Publishing date in my head - March 4th)
Go out on a limb - that's where the fruit is! (Publishing date in my head - March March 7th)
What if you lost everything and everyone that is important to you? (Publishing date - today)

I have wonderful Life Coaching clients. One of my clients in particular is searching for how she might inspire others. She inspired me today. She inspired me to take the time to move the ideas/thoughts from my head and publish them for others to read. It's easy to get caught up in thinking my writing is something I do only for myself. It allows me to gain clarity, process my thoughts, reflect and remind myself of what is important. This client happened to mention that she had read something from one of my blog postings and had been thinking about the message.

Hmmm.... What if part of my message or purpose is to help other's find their own message, purpose, voice? What if by my publishing my ideas and thoughts, I inspire others to do the same? A special thank you today to the one who inspired me to get writing this week.


My sister is a physical therapist. Two weekends ago she shared a physical therapist joke. (It's the first time she has done that - who knew there were jokes for her field?) She asked what I was doing on Tuesday. Tuesday? I searched my memory for the significance of Tuesday. I came up empty - no one's birthday, not a holiday.... What was she talking about? She replied; "You know, for Progression Day". Progression Day? I'll bite. What is Progression Day?

March 4th (Get it? March forth.) Physical therapists are very focused on progression in their patients. Her joke conveyed to me that our career paths are not that unalike. We are both in the business of progression.

So on that note, how did you celebrate Progression Day? What ideas, thoughts, or new behavior patterns did you move forth? What idea keeps tapping you on the shoulder, hoping you'll finally do something about it? What's the mission that just won't leave you alone?

There is a message inside of you. It may be hiding away in the corner of you. Imagine a closet that is full of all the stuff you've accumulated over the years. You may have to dig and dig through it to find the treasure that is there in the corner.

I like this quote:

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." ~ Joseph Campbell

So March "4th" into the life that is waiting for you. And if you've already marched forth - congratulations. Keep on marching.

0 comments: